” There is no chance for the welfare of the world unless the condition of woman is improved. It is not possible for a bird to fly on only one wing”– Swami Vivekananda
To ensure our children grow up to be responsible citizens we have initiated various programs for holistic development of our village kids, with special focus on girl child.
Primary & Middle School
- Complete revamp of primary & middle school
- Introduction of regular & quality mid-day meals
- Regular monitoring of school operations and developmental outcome
- Till date, 50 girls have been sponsored to study in Sharda Vihar school
- All expenses including those of buses, books, uniforms have been provided for
- Academically, we have seen significant improvement in the results of our girls
- Special focus on Sports coaching, village life makes them resilient & agile and naturally good at sports
- Our girls have won and are winning many accolades at regional & national meets.
- Extra-curricular Sessions are periodically conducted for holistice personality development
- These include classes for self-defence,
spoken English & Sanskrit, managing body language amongst others
Challenges have been many, but with patience and right intentions they can be overcome!
While bringing out mindset change took time and effort, the results are already showing. Our girls today have ambitions of becoming Doctors, Police officers, teachers and are working towards it. But these ambitions are not for them alone. They say “ hum bhi gaanv mein kaam karenge” (We too will work in other such villages to help them become like us). We still have a long way to go, but with girls like these we’ll surely to get there sooner.